Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Bit of Time Off

It's been a little bit since I posted. It's been a couple days since I've ridden now too.
My son has been in town visiting since Wednesday, so I've been spending the time with him and his girlfriend. I'm really hoping to get a ride in this afternoon/evening when they go out for their 5 month anniversary date. ;)

My last couple weeks of riding have been mostly Ute Valley Park at lunch time with some scattered evening rides in Palmer Park. I have not been getting in the distances I would have liked for preparing for Laramie, but I have been really concentrating on enjoying my riding time more than training because I had gotten so intense about training that I had ceased to enjoy my riding. -- I've been learning there is just not point in going on in it if I'm not enjoying the ride.

So whatever it looks like and however it comes out at Laramie and whatever other rides/races I do this summer, I'm just looking at it for the fun of the sport.

Next target: Two weeks 'til the "Valley Point to Point" at Winter Park.

No comments: