Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pre Laramie Prep

This weekend I am racing one of the Winter Park races. It is the Valley Point-to-Point, one of the same ones that I raced last year, and I've really wanted to do this race again this year to be able to gauge improvement from last year. I'm using this as a "warm up" for next week, even though only a little less than a third the distance of the enduro.
I've felt good this week after the 63 miles I road on Saturday and I rode strong on my 7 mile lunch time ride today.
The one thing that I haven't achieved this year was dropping my weight down where I had hoped. Rather, I've gained about 6 pounds back since spin training classes ended in April. :( I was really hoping to get under 180 by racing season... didn't happen... oh well! I guess I will just have to go with where I'm at and give it my best shot.
That's all for now.
Next post... Winter Park race results.

No comments: