Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Looking Good So Far

It is early in the day yet, but it is looking good so far to be able to get off in time to go hit the last race in the Sand Creek Series at Bear Creek Park.
The weather today could be a factor in a couple different ways - it is already 80 out and the local weather forecaster is calling for it to hit 95; on the other hand, those high temps greatly increase the likelihood of afternoon thunderstorms which are also a high possibility. So really hot and/or rainy. The hottest part of the day here in C.S. is usually around 3:00pm - 5:00pm, right at race time, so it could be unpleasantly hot... or it could rain and get hot again with wonderfully high humidity... we'll have to see how it turns out.


I've missed being able to race in the series for the first two weeks, so since this is the last shot for the season, I'd really like to at least be able to get on the course this week and get some good laps in. I'm not really concerned where I finish, but I'd like to do well... most of all I need to remember to HAVE FUN!

I did get out for a short road ride last night and felt pretty good while riding. I came into a traffic jam as people were backed up for quite a ways on Tutt Blvd. to get into the Sky Sox game, and then had to wait for the police officer directing traffic to let us through. Then when I was about to go up the hill between Barnes and Stetson Hills, I discovered that there had been an accident of some kind about 2/3 of the way up the hill, so I had to find an alternate route. I was disappointed at that because I was wanting to see how some of the riding I've been doing on the west side has helped how I feel going up and over what we call Tutt Hill. I guess it'll have to wait for another day.

Hopefully I can post again tomorrow about this afternoon/evening's results.

No comments: