Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Gearing Up

I’m feeling a little better about my training/conditioning after getting in a 37 mile ride last night and finishing feeling relatively strong still. Granted it was the Santa Fe trail north from Mr. Biggs to Palmer Lake and back, but it is the longest ride I’ve gotten in yet this year. I tried to keep up a steady pace and averaged about 16 mph overall. I kept the gearing on the big chain ring over the entire distance and never hit the top third of the rear cogs.

The next time I make that ride I’ll try to include the Greenland open space to give myself 50 miles and see how that goes. It is far from being as strenuous as the rides a buddy has done up to Rampart reservoir and back from Garden of the Gods, but I’m working that way.

Today is road ride day for me as a recovery ride from yesterday… but the recovery ride will be Woodmen Road up through Peregrine and then up and over Flying W Ranch Road and back.

It will be shorter, but not necessarily sweet.

No comments: