Monday, June 16, 2008

This and That

I ended up being in a meeting last Wednesday night until almost 6:00 pm and did not make it to the Bear Creek Park race. I was kind of disappointed, and yet it was fun to just watch the other folks competing and be able to cheer on all the riders.
I'm planning on trying again this week. It is the last race in the series so I might as well get it on the fun before it is gone.

Saturday I got in some good riding time - first with my wife in the morning up in Palmer Lake. The Greenland Open Space is up there and there is a nice trail with an 8 mile loop that isn't too difficult, although it can certainly feel difficult if one is not in riding condition. We didn't go too fast since and that was fine with me. It was great just to enjoy the beauty of the area and the time with my wife.

I went over to Palmer Park in the evening with some guys that hang out at Ascent Cycling, the local bike shop, and we rode for about 2-1/2 hours, just working through technical spots and catching some air on some small drop downs (the bigger ones still wig me out). It was good just to have a fun ride and not be worrying about how hard I should be training or how far I should be riding, but to just relax and enjoy. That is what it is supposed to be about, right?

The weather today wasn't great and tomorrow isn't supposed to be much better, so we'll have to see if I can get in some riding time somewhere, somehow.

No comments: